Reverse Gear does custom designs in jerseys and shorts. Custom designs are “walking billboards” for manufacturers and retailers. In fact they are a great advertising platform for sponsors too.
People like to identify with their ride – hence the huge success of Harley-Davidson clothing.
People like to support their local retailers and will generally buy clothing from them – as well as equipment.
People love to bring back memories from trips or special rides.
Custom jerseys and shorts:
- evoke memories of an entire “experience”.
- are more often a favourite jersey than any other ordinary functional clothing item (e.g. people who ride in the MS, Diabetes, Cancer or Ataxia rides).
- are like bringing back lots of photos – they allow us to re-live the “good times” in our mind – long after we settle back to day-to-day living.
These are also some of the reasons why most fundraising rides either provide a jersey as part of the package or sell them to participants before, during or after a ride. They can also produce an income stream from the jerseys.
Some of the groups that can benefit from creating custom design work on a jersey are:
- Cycle Manufacturers – Cyclists are proud of their ride – they will always tell you what they are riding and why.
- Clubs, Associations, Teams and Individuals – Groups can put their logo on existing gear or have a jersey produced that expresses who they are. Organizations, clubs or associations, can make a profit or create an income stream.
- Retail Stores – Riders will promote the store every time they ride.
- Rides, Rallies, Events and Trade Shows – A jersey can feature sponsors of the event and be either a give-away in the registration package or sold before, during or post- event to raise funds.
- Travel Touring Groups, Tours – Custom apparel is often worn on group rides to identify the participants to the communities through which they travel.
- Adapted Sports, Paralympics Events and Hand-cycling Events – Reverse Gear has adapted sportswear but styles can be further adapted to suit special needs of specific sports and/or customized for organizations such as Wounded Warriors.
Custom work can range from having a logo printed on existing garments to having a garment fully sublimated (where the design/artwork is printed right into the fabric). It can also include the creation of new patterns and styles to accommodate specific needs. For example, the Chevron line was created because there was a request for large zippered pockets on the side of the jersey.
Shorts can also be customized with either sublimated panels or custom logos printed on standard gear.
There are no limits on the imagination of the creative!!!
Contact REVERSE GEAR for a quote on your custom design.